cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Re: Online Special $59 Iphone 8

I suggest everyone put a complaint in to the TIO, it only took me 5 minutes to complete and enter all the information. The Optus Live chat operators are completely incompetant and need to revisit their job description. One important thing they need to remember, that without customer's you don't have a business or a job.

0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Dan,

Maybe you're forgetting, I have a screen shot of your website advertising the iphone 8, on the $59.00 plan, as well as, the option of choosing my colour preference. If you're so sure of your facts, then screen shot and paste on this feed, where it states -

"UNTIL STOCK LASTS"

We'll all be waiting.

0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Contact Optus live chat and demand they back order. This is what I did and, then keep a copy of the chat as you may need to provide this to the TIO and CHOICE.

0 Kudos
New Contributor BRIZ1
New Contributor

I have had a business plan since 1999 and have 4 phones attached to it. Have been lied to on 3 occassions over the past 8 days but luckily I have printed out all the conversations. If I was a new customer to optus I would already have this deal.

Find it amazing that you are happy to treat long standing existing clients in this way. No wonder there is no loyalty these days.

New Contributor Scottpm
New Contributor

I was advised by phone that I have been put on a wait list when the iPhones come back into stock and they would honour the $59 20g deal.  They had better honour their word 

0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Scott,

It only takes a few minutes to put your details through to the Ombudsman. I've kept copies of the Iphone 8 $59.00 deal, plus all the terms and conditons.

I've also kept copies of my two chats with Oputs Livechat Operators, who both claim I've been put on that deal, both of them with reference numbers.

I won't be letting it go, purely because of the attitudes of the Optus employees. I've got plenty time to waste and I'll be going through to chat tomorrow, just to have them follow up my details to confirm I'm on the deal.

I've also sent this all through to the Ombudsman. If I've been put on a waitlist, (supposedly) then so can you.

0 Kudos
Contributor Mia123
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Hopefully the deal is going to be honoured. I've also got the chat copies but, I have a sneaking suspciion something isn;t right. Either way, I still went through to the Ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Contributor XxJessxX
Contributor

Wow, I feel for you guys so much! 

I was very lucky in actually being able to re-contract to this deal with the iPhone 8 64GB on the 11/12/17. Received my phone on the 14/12/17. 

I saw on Facebook that a few people had ordered before me and were still waiting for theirs. 

I hope you guys are still able to get Optus to honour the deal, but with only 2 days left and no stock online (only in store and re-contracting won’t be done for this deal) I don’t like the chances 😞 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor blacksoil_123
Occasional Contributor

Hi Optus,

Today just passed 3 Jan, there is stocks shows available for iPhone 8 on your website already. Can you explain this?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Scottpm
New Contributor

I have been on live chat regarding this this morning and was told it was a 'technical glitch' that stock is showing. I called to confirm and was told that I can only do anything via online (live chat) grrrr 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors