cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mbs-sysops
New Contributor
New Contributor

One of my work colleagues received a call at 11pm at night from my mobile and it was not me.

One of my work colleagues received a call at 11pm at night from my mobile and it was not me.

Apparently my mobile called his office landline which diverted the call to his mobile. He did not answer it nor was a voice mail message left. He has a record of incoming call on his phone. At 11pm that day, I was asleep and my phone has no record of an outgoing call at that time. I called Optus support and I am told this is a known issue with a third party provider of Optus (something with third party telecoms provider OF THEIRS overseas spoofing services). Is this correct?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: One of my work colleagues received a call at 11pm at night from my mobile and it was not me.

I have read of similar reports however I did not think they could spoof the number entirely. Did this colleague remark on anything unusual such as area codes in front of your number?

0 Kudos
mbs-sysops
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: One of my work colleagues received a call at 11pm at night from my mobile and it was not me.

Hi, thanks for your reply. My colleague didn't recall any area code, just the full number. I have a screenshot of his history and I can confirm the number hasn't any area code.

0 Kudos