Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sara_hyd
New Contributor
New Contributor

Old number activation

Hi,

I know this isn't a new topic but my problem is I haven't been able to get any help or answers from the optus store, customer service or live chat so I'm posting here to hopefully get some help.

I previously had an Optus prepaid sim which I activated all my online applications with. Then i went overseas and when I got back my number was disconnected. I tried calling, and it says it's still disconnected which I'm thinking means it hasn't been reused. My problem now is that I've changed my phone and in order to use my apps again, they all say they will send a code or sms to my previous number. 

Please help me out as I have very important information and messages on my applications which I desperately need.

Anyways to reactivate my old number?

Cheers,

Sara

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Old number activation

Well I would have thought if the number was still available they would activate it for you on a new plan. The fact that you have a new phone and I assume a new number should make no difference to the equation unless you were trying to get your old number to replace your new number. Is that what you were trying to do?

0 Kudos
Sara_hyd
New Contributor
New Contributor

The problem is my messages and backups were all linked to my previous number on my apps. The only way to get them back is using my old number.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I understand the importance of getting your old number back and if you speak with sales on the live chat link below they will be able to tell you if you can get the old number back.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Sara_hyd
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you, but as I've mentioned above I've already done that and they said it's not possible. My number says it's still disconnected tho.

I also know other people in this situation but they have been able to get it reactivated.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe the number can be recovered up to 6 months after the end of the last expiry. From what I understand the number then goes into quarantine for some time before being released back to the public. I believe it's worth speaking with a different sales representative and if you still get the same answer the second time then there is very little you can do.

0 Kudos