Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OPTUS CANCELLED MY NUMBER OUT OF NOWHERE - No support from Optus so far

As the title says, earlier in the week on Sunday/Monday I got a text saying "Hi, just confirming we've received your request to cancel your service for **private info**XXXXXXXX. If you didn't request this change, please contact us https://app.optus.come.au/msg-us?tags=SAM" and when I headed to the link provided and tried to log in I got a page saying that the site will be in maintenance until Friday. 

Today rolls around and finally the site doesn't say it's in maintenance but instead that live chat is gone and "messaging" is their new option. 

Huge issue is that I'm already logged into my account, I go to their new support message chat page and login once again and get this page saying to Link My Optus Service to My Account. My phone has always been prepaid so I signed up years ago and would always recharge on my Phone inside the Android App. Now it's saying if I want to talk to support I need to send messages but to do that I need to link my phone number BUT IT WON'T LET ME DUE TO THEM CANCELLING MY NUMBER SEVERAL DAYS EARLIER.

I tried reaching out to them on Live Chat earlier in the week before they swapped over to this new Message system and was told "we're very sorry, you just have to wait until the maintenance is finished." which I have done! And now there's 0 way for me to actually message them to SORT OUT MY NUMBER THEY CANCELLED for no reason!

I also messaged them via their support twitter and was told basically the same thing. 

Please someone help me. I can't call them because obviously they've cancelled my number when I didn't order it, and all the online channels are telling me NOPE in big red numbers. 

I've gone almost a whole week without access to my phone and now today I'm going to miss a super important appointment because I have no way to call them to reschedule. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: OPTUS CANCELLED MY NUMBER OUT OF NOWHERE - No support from Optus so far

Hi EmmaLLama,

Just a heads up that we don't have access to customer accounts on this public forum so we're unable to directly assist here.

With regards to when you reached out to Twitter support, do you mean you were told they are unable to do anything about the maintenance has been completed? Have you contacted them after it has been completed?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos