Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor mhmishu
New Contributor

OPTUS BILL SCAM!!!

Hi everyone,

I have an Optus mobile under 40$ BYO plan from December 2016. I have been billed incorrectly for the 3rd month of the contract. I spoke to Optus customer support couple of times and went to Optus showroom as well. But they seem completely ignoring me and didn't help me at all. Them I went to Ombudsman and send them a detailed email. They replied me by sending a letter to Optus saying that Optus will contact me within 14 July but I have to pay all outstanding bills. I paid all the outstanding bills but so far Optus didn't contact me instead they send me another incorrect bill yesterday. Now, I will contact to Ombudsman and news agencies after today as today is 14th. But, can I port my number to another operator while I proceed to court? Or I have to be with Optus till court resolve this? Thank you.

6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: OPTUS BILL SCAM!!!

Escalation of a complaint with the TIO costs Optus more money each time.

You don't seem to have given us a plausible description of why Optus shop would not bother with your incorrect bill, athough it is possible. How incorrect is the bill, and what is the charge?

RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @mhmishu, concerning to hear that this happened. If you still need assistance, please PM me HERE with your account number, full name and DOB so we can help out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The TIO will get your money back. From reading 52 pages of complaints in the Whirlpool comms. forum I know you do not have to pay that part of the disputed bill.

Escalate the complaint to the TIO, it will cost them more. Do not call them, place an on-line complaint with the TIO. Then you get a referene number; useful for later escalation.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dipen
New Contributor

I'm having same problem any suggestion please help me this service provider is taking all my money from my bank account.. 😞

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Dipen, I've replied to your PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi GB,

Probably similar as with Telstra, some shops are "Telstra" shops manned by Telstra employees and others are just franchises, where a franchisee is selling Optus products on commissions. Those shops have little interest in helping customers with problems, they only sell and sell!

Just got a letter from Optus asking me to allow the sharing of customer info with "trusted third parties"?? No way! Have to go into My Account/Profile>General Marketing to say NO!

0 Kudos