cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Number sharing WILL NOT work on my Apple Watch after numerous troubleshooting attempts

I recently ported my number from Telstra to Optus due to being sold a discounted monthly plan. This was including the number sharing capability for my Apple Watch.

I am using an iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch 4 (with esim) and my devices were bought outright.

Everything was working perfectly fine with Telstra however I have now spent countless hours both on the phone and using the app messaging system trying to get number sharing to work but i continually get the "Your Optus account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch" message.

The "technicians" have had me try multiple things (several times over) including all those mentioned on other posts on here but nothing is working. Their last resort was to send me a new SIM which I received today however I cannot activate the damn thing. It comes up with an "invalid SIM" error message. Back on to the messaging app only to be told they tried but cannot activate it either and i need to call 133937 (not sure what they can do if the technicians can't activate it)

I am starting to really regret porting my number for a $10 month savings as Optus has not been a good experience at all for me to date.

OPTUS PLEASE FIX MY NUMBER SHARING!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Number sharing WILL NOT work on my Apple Watch after numerous troubleshooting attempts

**UPDATE**

Well all of a sudden my existing sim changes on my phone to SOS only so I got the new sim out and put that in my phone and it is now activated. Go figure!

Thought i would repair my Apple Watch and low and behold the number sharing process started and it is now activated as well.

Okay Optus, you are forgiven for now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Number sharing WILL NOT work on my Apple Watch after numerous troubleshooting attempts

It’s frustrating hey! I’m the exact same there number share is down and it’s causing a country wide delay been down since 21st of April apparently it’s really stupid how they can’t have a leg to stand on I’ve tried everything with my Apple Watch 5 anyway man use this in customer service so you get credited to your account when and if number share decides to work good luck 22581303
0 Kudos
Top Contributors