cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Number share won’t connect, hiccup message

Hello

i bought my iPhone and Apple Watch 5 two weeks ago and got to take them home today (don’t ask, that’s a whole other kettle of fish and around 100 hours of talking to them to fix, no joke) but now I have a problem connecting them together through number share. 

so I paired my watch and iPhone, clicked mobile data, set up data plan, go through the Optus screen where I sign it, it says my number share is activated and takes me back to the watch app where 1 minute later i get a text saying there’s been a hiccup and to try again in four hours. I tried again 5-6 times ... all failing

I contacted chat who said they manually added it and to try in four hours. It’s now been four hours. Within those four hours I scoured the Internet for solutions, one post says to turn wifi off. I have now turned wifi off, waited four hours and it’s stuck on activating the the circle going around and around. 

how long will this take? Is this normal? What am I supposed to do to get this to work if this doesn’t miraculously fix itself? 

if anything works I will comment here and let you all know how. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Number share won’t connect, hiccup message

@Chelseaspie  Maybe post in Whirlpool if no response here. 

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Number share won’t connect, hiccup message

Same issue with my samsung. And the customer service (or lack of customer service) is appalling. I have had no luck getting it fixed despite contacting optus well over 20 times!!!!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors