Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor TimB69
Occasional Contributor

Number Share activation delay

Hi, are there network issues with number share activations currently?

We have been trying since 16th December to activate it on iPhone 11 and Apple Watch 5 without luck.

We have an account with 5 mobile services.

One daughter has had number share working on her iPhone11 and Apple Watch 4 for around 12 months (was on iPhone 7 before the 11)

Next daughter bought an Apple Watch 5 on 16th December and tried to activate number share. She entered the account credentials and it sat saying “Activating” with a spinning wheel for 4 days (which we were charged for) but never actually activated. We have been on the phone, online chat, Optus stores, 3 x new SIM cards, case raised and escalated, service reset numerous times, watch factory defaulted and re-paired, I’ve lost count, but still we cannot get NS to work. We were only ever asked to enter the account details the very first time, every time we try and activate it now we end up at a web page telling us it’s active - it’s like the network thinks it’s activated, but it isn’t, and seems like nobody has any idea on how to reset it.

My daughter has been told x 3 times that she will be called with an update to her case and nobody has called. Last person said it was still being worked on and that a LOT of people were having similar issues - is this true, everyone is giving us a different story?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Number Share

Hey @TimB69,

If we've already attempted to activate your number share profile and it's still not  working, I'll suggest for agents to do the following:

1) Access the number share portal to confirm if there's an active number share profile (if it's flagged as active, deactivate the number share profile

2) Confirm that the number share add-on has been correctly applied to the relevant service(s). 

3) The agent will need to remove the number share add-on and reapply it

4) You'll need to go in and follow the standard number share pairing process 

Unfortunately, we cannot exchange personal details via this platform. 

You can message us directly from the My Optus app, My Account or the Messenger Web Portal.  If necessary, link the agent back to the thread as a guide. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan_C, thanks for the reply, we have had agents try to reactivate number share numerous times - I have received multiple text messages updating my order as they process the request.

Do you know anything about the comment that there are issues with "many" customers trying to activate Number Share at the moment?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm aware of an intermittent My Optus app issue, but I don't believe that it extends to number share. 

If you like, you can message our Social Media Service team. You can find them on Facebook or Twitter. I sit right by the guys, so  I can always take a quick look.

Although, they're pretty good with this sort of thing. 

FYI - Please feel free to link back to this thread for a bit of context. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan_C, I have sent a message to the Facebook team - thanks
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks TimB69, please let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_NC
Didn't go so well, just did more of the same as what we have already tried, they ended up raising another case for it. I really shouldn't think it should be so hard, the main issue seems to be that the network thinks the feature is already active.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Normally it shouldn't be that difficult at all.

Do you have the case number?

I'll engage Dan_C and see if he can help, he has a pretty good track record!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_YC

Certainly do - 309075
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks heaps for that, I've passed that info onto Dan and he'll take a look today.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors