Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Number Porting

Paulma

I am facing serious issues to port my number out and there has been no help offered by the Optus support staff.

Ticket Number (Incidence Number): 1807300598.

I have tried to call Optus Porting team on 1300302498. They started by saying that this will be resolved by today (31/07/2018) to 24/48 hours to 3-5 business days. Every time I call the caller has a different answer.

The number is with Vodafone at the moment but was transferrd from Optus netowork (last week). Due to bad reception I decided to port the number of Telstra but the port the not going through (both Vodafone and Optus accept this) as the initial port from Optus to Vodafone is not complete. To make matter confusing the number is working fine (with Vodafone).

Please assit me as I have being seriously affected by this problem between Vodafone and Optus.

Thanks.

Re: Number Porting

SamSam

So just to be clear, your number was with Optus, ported to Vodafone and is now being ported to Telstra?

If that's the case, my understanding of the process is you should only be dealing with Telstra now in regards to the port. If there's a problem with voda or Optus, Telstra will deal with them on your behalf. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Shauna

Hey @Paulma  - I'm just a little confused, there seems to be a number of telcos involved with this one.

If you're active with Vodafone and you ported from Optus → Vodafone, that means the port has gone through. 

If you're now trying to port from Vodafone → Telstra, you'll need to get in touch with the receiver of the number (in your case, Telstra), so they can run an investigation. I don't think there's much we can do from our end if you're active with Vodafone. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

missyether

this is exactly what is happening to me 

Ray_YC

Hi there, please follow Shauna's advice above or give us more information so we can better understand your issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos