Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nuisance calls

I am getting multiple calls every day from Optus about bill reminders. They come with No Caller ID. I get it, the bill is due. I can’t pay until payday. How do I stop Optus calling me literally every hour? I work nights so try to sleep during the day but can’t turn phone off in case of emergency.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nuisance calls

Go into your account and change all the contact phone numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its strange you are getting calls that often. There are strict rules about collecting debts. Every hour is not legal. They must take into account your shift work if you've made it known.

You can also set android (and iPhone?) phones to automatically block numbers with no caller ID - google it.

You can also contact Optus and arrange extensions and payment schedules, which should stop the calls.

Keep a log of all calls you get and that you have informed them you are a shift worker. Make an ACCC complaint after a while.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Patz - Sorry for the interruption during your sleep! We work overnights occasionally and understand how it can be at times. 
Generally speaking, if we're notified or a payment plan is in place, you won't receive automated calls requesting a payment. I'd recommend setting one up with our financial services department to stop these calls. 
With regards to calling on the hour, are you sure the calls are definitely all from us? We may contact you 1-2 times in that day, however we shouldn't be doing it on the hour. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Once or twice a day, every day, is still far too many. I don’t know whether they are all from Optus as they have no caller ID. I used to answer these but since Optus calls started I’ve taken to hanging up. So no, I don’t know that they are all from Optus, but every s time I have taken the call, it’s been an Optus automated bill reminder.

i used to get an SMS slating me know when the account was almost due. That was useful, and my account was kept up to date. Now I get no notification until the calls start when it’s overdue, with the late penalty already applied.  

Is there a way I can go back to getting SMS reminder, prior to the due date,  or get  an SMS reminder instead of multiple daily phone calls?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It seems you are paying the bill every month? Just always late? 

The simplest solution is just make the extra effort for one month and save enough to put yourself ahead. Then just pay the bill as you always do but on time.

Otherwise depending on the phone you have you may be able to program in only certain numbers to get through at certain times. If you know the emergency numbers that are calling you then use that. It will also help if some of the calls are not from Optus

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You should be able to change your bill notifications to SMS or email via My Account under the Profile tab. If for any reason this option isn't available, jump into Live Chat and a billing rep can set it up for you on our end instead.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos