Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Note 8 shipping early?

Oli94

Lifehacker Australia published an article today stating that the telco preorders for the Samsung Note 8 will be shipping out early.

Is there any update or statement from Optus on this? A few friends of mine who preordered with Vodafone have already recieved their devices.

Re: Note 8 shipping early?

theprofessional

i think optus and telstra make us wait for 22nd of septerber where other carriers doing early shippment i my brother got he yesterday with vodefone and i still waiting for mine with optus i dont think is few that optus and telstra do this

[ Edited ]
UrbexKitty2k17

DAAAAAAAAANG! I sure hope that's not the case! But alas, I'm guessing it may be...😢

Solution

Dan_C

Hey guys, shipping of the Note 8 will commence from the 22nd of September. If you've placed an order online or over the phone the delivery date depends on your location. For those in urban/metro area we're looking at 1-2 business days. For those in regional areas, we're looking at roughly 3-4 business days.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Paddylee

So really we should not have pre-ordered online, instead go into an Optus Store to order. (who already has stock at this point in time and has been fufilling store orders before the 22nd)

Also the wording is "Delivers from 22nd September, 2017" not commence shipping from that date - implying that they are shipped before that date in order to at least make the 22nd for metro areas.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Oli94

Yeah, exacly. I cancelled my online order yesterday afternoon and went to my local Optus store to re-preorder the phone. I pick it up this afternoon. 

Basically, there's no point preordering online.

kirst-mc

I chatted to a rep online yesterday and was told I would receive mine on the 22nd. If this is not the case I'll cancel and go in store today. 😣

Bikkies

Oh Man, hopefully they don't send it on the 22nd and we have to wait till some time next week to get it. When I preordered the Note 7 it arrived at my door right on the release date, so I'm really hoping that's what will happen with this one too. From what I've read they are saying it'll get sent out on the 22nd, which would suck.

Paddylee

So, have some good news...i hope.

Using the startrack website I found my delivery.  Optus website shows no change though

In Transit
 20 Sep 201707:46 Received Advanced Shipping Notice
 20 Sep 201712:00 Freight Manifest Transmitted
 20 Sep 201715:23Sydney DFPCArrived at StarTrack Location for processing

https://optus.startrack.com.au/

(Pretty sure that link is allowed....surely it is)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Bikkies

Oh man that is awesome! I just did it and found mine too. Thanks for sharing that!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos