Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor millie52
New Contributor

Not registered on network

Getting this message "Not registered on network", when trying to call out as well as when calling my mobile.  Internet access is ok.  This has been an issue over the last couple of days.  Has occured in Mansfield Vic as well as at home, Lower Plenty.  Apparently there is no Optus network problems.  Any help please

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not registered on network

You wouldn't happen to be using a Galaxy S7 by any chance? Have you tired taking the sim out and inserting it again?

New Contributor millie52
New Contributor

Hi, it's a Galaxy S5.  The phone is working now, incoming and out going calls.  Fixed by pulling out the SIM and removing battery, then reinstalling.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well good to hear it’s working. Cheers!

New Contributor pdp2160
New Contributor

Hi i have a Galaxy s7 just wondering if you might know what the problem might be

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hi @pdp2160, have you tried following the same steps that @millie52 used above? This should resolve the issue for you but please let us know if it continues.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Paynini
New Contributor

Hi i have same issue but am overseas.  Contacted chat team who advised i need to get  a local sim and get refund on my return. Im hoping for a fix without getting new sim. Im overseas still for another month and want my ootus phone to work.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Paynini, are you sure this in relation to the OP's post?

I believe their issue was a local issue rather a roaming issue. Are you able to confirm the make and model of the handset for us? If we've confirmed that roaming is indeed on then we'd need you to access your carrier settings and chose a corresponding overseas carrier that we roam with. Let us know what kind of phone you're using as well we’re you're travelling. We'll be able to provide you with a list of roaming partners.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Paynini
New Contributor

Hi Dan

Im on a galaxy note 8.   Im in the UK and the only available network seems to be vodafone.  

I can send you more detail about my service on a pm if you can do that?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's fine. I'll just need you to click on my YC handle and click the message tab on the top half of my profile section. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'm moderating solo today so there might be a bit of a delay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos