Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor bigblue
New Contributor

Not receiving two factor authentication sms from Sony

Sometime between the 5th and 12th of March I stopped receiving two factor sms messages when trying to login to Playstation Network services. I’ve tried a few things such as changing the network selection from automatic to manual, selecting another network, and then going back to automatic selection with limited success (maybe 1 or 2 in 10 arriving).

Others with Optus mobile are reporting this issue in the PS4 thread on whirlpool so I’m fairly sure the issue isn’t on my end.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Not receiving two factor authentication sms from Sony

Can you share a link to the WP thread?

it depends on where the Sony PSN SMS is generated from.

the part that has me going “hmm” is that when you auto>manual>auto it starts coming through. That means the SMS isn’t getting to you, or even getting the Optus SMSC.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor bigblue
New Contributor

Re: Not receiving two factor authentication sms from Sony

Hi Jeneral_Pain, 

Here’s the link: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/2644082?r=58731460#r58731460

Oddly, after doing a full network setting reset (mate 10 pro) I got 3/3 messages. Then later in the evening it's back to the old behaviour. Very frustrating to say the least.

BigBlue

0 Kudos
Top Contributors