Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
loyal1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not receiving chat transcripts

Hi all, 

Over the last week I've had to have multiple online chats with Optus sales representatives about possible mobile and tablet contracts. During the first conversation I asked for the chat transcript to be emailed to me once the chat was over. I never received it. 

A few hours later I started a chat again, and was eventually connected to the same representative from my first call. That representative insisted they had emailed the transcript and implied that the problem was at my end. I insisted that something had gone wrong. They copy and pasted our first conversation into the second chat, and assured me that they would email me a copy of that second chat (now containing the copy and pasted first chat). I trusted they would send that second chat successfully. 

It never arrived! 

I've tried to resolve this problem in chats with optus reps a number of times and each time the represenative has said that they cannot access the chats or whether they've been emailed and implied the problem is at my end.

I see that another Optus customer reported the same problem 20/11/17, but nobody was able to directly explain or resolve their problem. 

What is going on?! The value of the transcript is that I retain a written record of our interactions. I'd like that record please!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Not receiving chat transcripts

Has been pretty iffy in my experience. 

I've had a couple of reps say the chat will be emailed when the chat closes. Haven't ever had one turn up. Nothing in Spam folders etc.

For critical stuff, like agreeing to a new plan with specific benefits I've asked the rep to send a single one line summary of what exactly is being offered and for what price. Then I wait until its in my Inbox before proceeding with the deal. That has worked.

For the body of the chats though, I think you can highlight the conversation and copy the text (before the chat closes). Then perhaps just email that to yourself?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

loyal1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Peter, 

Thanks for your resposne. Yea I'm possibly going to copy and paste the transcripts, but I'd also like Optus' version so they can be cross-referenced and confirmed as not having been altered. 

For some reason they insist that they are sent, but something goes wrong and they aren't sent to the email address provided. Infuriating!

0 Kudos
Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear that this has been your experience @loyal1,

You're most welcome to PM us with your account details (username/ phone number/ account number) as well as your full name, date of birth and preferred email address so we can take a look at this and see if we are able to forward any chat transcripts to you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos