Searching...

Mobile

Not receiving calls from other phones on my newly ported number

Goliath

Hi All,

I recently (2/3 weeks) ago had my wife’s mobile number ported from Virgin to Optus. She’s not receiving all of the calls being made to her. Only about 50% of the calls are coming through to her mobile. Some people have said that it sounds like the calls are going to be diverted to voicemail but voicemail never starts - the call just hangs.

Can someone please look into this for me? It’s really frustrating, particularly knowing that we ported from Virgin to Optus when they’re essentially the same network.

Cheers,

Scott

Re: Not receiving calls from other phones on my newly ported number

Davelew

Hi Scott

This is a community forum and not where faults are lodged.

You need to contact Optus either by live chat or phone.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Goliath

Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm new to Optus and Yes Crowd and have seen other people raising similar issues and having people respond to them directly from Optus (where they've asked for the service number and proof of ID).

As it happens, I've raised the issue with Optus directly and I'm not happy with the outcome. I've had conflicting reports as to whether an issue exists with porting or with voicemail. At different stages of communication, I've been told there were faults with both, one or the other and now I'm being told there's no fault at all.

Since this morning, I haven't been able to tell if there's been any improvement (I don't receive the call and I only find out if someone's able to tell me another way that they can't through to me). Do you have any suggestions?

Ta,

Scott

Davelew

Hi

You may find a moderator picks this up but I think the problem they will only be able to pass it on and you may well find you will be better to keep pestering Optus.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Heya @Goliath

I mightn’t be able to solve the enquiry directly, but I can reach out to the team responsible for actioning these sorts of requests.

If you like, I can forward your details through to the right area. They'll perform the necessary action and email across an update once it's been completed. 

Can I get you to PM us with your details? I need your full name, DOB and the number you’ve ported in. I’ll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
128 Kudos
120 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos