Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Joshsutton88
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not able to receive SMS

Having a few issues since network dropouts occured yesterday.
All my services have been restored, barring the ability to receive incoming SMS.

I don't receive SMS from multiple networks or website for security authentication.

I have done every step in the troubleshooting guide. Restarted my phone multiple times and even tried dry wiping the SIM and cleaning the SIM tray and slot.

Even customer service attempted "resetting my service" whatever that means.

I've even cleared messages Cache and updated the app and my phone.

Is this just something I need to wait out or what's happening.
Location Cardiff NSW
12 Replies
Nessell
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Not able to receive SMS

Same issue here, can not receive incoming sms or calls but outward is fine. Is this a wide spread issue? Is there an estimated time for this to be fixed?

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ JOSHSUTTON88 - We’re aware of an issue impacting incoming SMS and calls for some Optus customers (Ref#23914689). We are working to restore services as a priority. We recommend restarting your device first and using WiFi-Calling during this period. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Joshsutton88
New Contributor
New Contributor

Okay. I did assume as much. Just wasn't sure if it was a unique situation or not. Did you guys pinpoint what went wrong to cause the dropouts around the country?
0 Kudos
Kartika

Yes @Nessell there is an issue impacting incoming SMS and calls for some Optus customers (Ref#23914689). We are working to restore services as a priority. We recommend restarting your device first and using WiFi-Calling during this period. Rest assured our technicians are still working to fix it as a priority. No ETA at this stage. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

So sorry @ JOSHSUTTON88 , we dont have details of this as the fault is being investigated by the networks  and the IT team. 

We recommend restarting your device first and using WiFi-Calling during this period. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Someonemaybe
New Contributor
New Contributor

My partner and the same problem right now
Someonemaybe
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do we see the issues?? Will there be an update if it’s resolved
0 Kudos
HaileyMarrie225
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is there an update on this? I’m trying to register for covid test results and the auto sms process isn’t working because of the network issues. Also the messaging on the Optus app is not working. The robot says there is an issue and that they will connect you to an expert, then nothing.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ SOMEONEMAYBE -  We’re aware of an issue impacting incoming SMS and calls for some Optus customers (Ref#23914689). We are working to restore services as a priority. We recommend restarting your device first and using WiFi-Calling during this period. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos