Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MusicByRonan
New Contributor
New Contributor

No way to contact optus from overseas

I'm currently in Japan and using a local data only sim.

To do so, I took my Optus sim out of my handset and put it in my wallet. I can no longer find said sim.

Optus proceedure for a lost sim starts with contacting them. However, without my sim I cannot access my Yes Optus app, cannot call the optus support number and live chat isn't working.

Help. Please.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No way to contact optus from overseas

Wait a bit and try contact Live Chat again.

If its really urgent then call Optus on +61 2 8082 5678

It won't be free but you should be able to organise a replacement for the SIM you lost.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: No way to contact optus from overseas

Hi @MusicByRonan,

Thanks for reaching out and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, you'll be unable to arrange replacement SIM via Live Chat as this is a security concern. You can process this online via your My Account →https://www.optus.com.au/my-account-login or when speaking with our customer care team on +612 8082 5678.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos