Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No sound records for video's

Hi All

I have just purchased the S9 and each time I record video's there is no sound.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No sound records for video's

Hmm I just had a look through the camera settings and I can't see any options to turn the sound recording off. It does make me wonder if the video does have sound and it's actually a playback error not a recording error. Can you transfer the video to another device and see if there is sound? Did you try opening it in another video player such as VLC?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I tried to listen through google photo's/video's and I can't hear anything on my laptop so no, can't hear it on another device

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I tried to listen through google photo's/video's and I can't hear anything on my laptop so no, can't hear it on another device

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well that's disappointing. I think if it was my phone I would be doing a factory reset and if it still has the same issue I would be wanting a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I wish i read this yesterday lol I ended up going to samsung who suggested the same as you.  I did a factory reset and it has fixed the issue. Should this happen after one week?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Umm well ideally the device should work out of the box error free however I have many devices that gave me problems from day one and doing a factory reset has always fixed the problems. Providing you have backed up all your important documents doing a factory reset these days is as easy as pushing a couple of buttons.