cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

‘No service’

Hi, Presently overseas and the last 24 hours have no service. I have overseas roaming according to Optus ap. I have tried removing Sim, resetting network settings, rebooting and also updated latest Apple software. Also turned off automatic to connect to provider. Three providers come up but when I select one manually phone will not connect. Whilst in hotel I have wi fi but will be on move shortly, therefore no wi fi. Need urgently to be able to SMS family overseas or when wi fi available. Hope someone can assist ASAP. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: ‘No service’

Which country are you currently in?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Paddy presently Germany but into Austria today. It all worked fine 2 daysago 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

This other post had some info - could be related?

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Network-Coverage/No-service-international-roaming-in-Czech-Republic...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also have no service in Austria. Was actually working fine until yesterday. Live chatted with Optus who reckon they have international roaming problems in Europe & Asia at present. Could not give me any idea on when it would be sorted. Not great at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well here we are at the

busiest time of the year and no overseas roaming. Epic fail Optus! I tried to access the online chat via the Optus ap but it would not connect. I also sent a PM via Optus FB page and absolutely no response. Totally dependent upon wi fi which is sort of ok once in accommodation  wi fi hotspots. Optus can’t even provide an estimate of when this will be resolved that’s what is frustrating!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, so sorry no one has been able to provide an update yet.

A submarine cable has broken 98KM from the Hong Kong cable station causing roaming issues. An alternate link has been requested and we're just waiting to hear back from our application. The fault ticket number for this case is 17815073. 

If you're able to jump into Live Chat with Tech Support, they can confirm your details and attach your account to the fault ticket. If you have been unable to use purchased travel packs due to this, adjustments to your billing can be made so you are not charged for the days where they were unusable. 

I'm terribly sorry for the impact this has had at such a busy time of year. Please feel free to private message me if you have any questions or concerns and I'll get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos