cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Frognita
New Contributor

No service after sim replacement activation

I was advised to change my sim as my old one was no longer able to connect to the network. 3 days later I still have no service on my new card which is connected to the same number I had previously. Support tells me that my re charge has worked and that the new card should be active. However I still get no service. What can I do? No one seems to be able to assist? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: No service after sim replacement activation

Sadly there's not much this forum can really do to help. 

Did this issue happen at any particular moment?

Whats the device?

Is it network locked?

Have you tried the sim in a different device?

Is it a data only sim?

Did you aquire the sim via an online interface?

Are you able to pop into a Optus store? At least there they should be able to access the account in question, maybe even bin the current sim and supply a new one?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Frognita
New Contributor

Thanks for your response- it made me think!

i just had to turn on the 3 g roaming in the settings and the service was found.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Cool, nothing better than a quick brain stimulation.. Still, its odd you needed to turn on data roaming.

Happy all is well Smiley Wink

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors