cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ben01
Occasional Contributor

No reception in Eltham

This is my third message because I am not receiving the answer I need.

We pay for mobile phone service but reception in our Eltham Factory, (our place of work) is so poor, non of our mobile phones work.

How do I get an Optus technician to visit our premisis at Factory 1b, 39-45 Susan Street Eltham to solve the issue.

They simply need to install a signal booster.

Does Optus expect me to pay the monthly account on a number of work mobiles when they don't work at our place of work?

Ben

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: No reception in Eltham

Sorry to hear about the issues with coverage, but Optus wouldn't attend the property and install a signal booster to increase the in-building coverage at that location.

If you're having problems with the coverage, you'd need to troubleshoot the issues via tech support until you reach a conclusion. I can understand that you may have done some troubleshooting before, so some of it can be rehashing old news, but in order to acheive some kind of resolution, you would need to re-engage that process. They'll conduct an investigation and provide an outcome, hopefully giving you some clarity as to what the next steps would be. From there, you'll be able to take some actions in order to get this resolved.

Hope this helps

Occasional Contributor Ben01
Occasional Contributor

Shae,

Thank you again for your dismissive comments.

I don't know how to articulate my issue more clearly to you.

We have a number of Mobiles phones on with Optus sims that do NOT work at our premisis.

I am paying for service I am not receiving.

We have already established what the problem is and it is the Optus signal.

Please fix it or I will get the Ombudsman involved.

I know how the system works and how a complaint through the Ombudsman works and how this process will cost Optus more than simply sending a technician out to see the problem for yourself.

Why can you not do this??

Again, I know what the problem is, just fix it please

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Shae,

FWIW you are paying to access the Optus Network in general. Obviuosly the nature of mobile is that it can be better at some locations than others, especially indoors. IME Ombudsman generally look to ensure contracts are being adhered to and are unlikely to take much action based on "The reception isn't great in my building." 

There are amplifiers that you can install yourself although they cost between $700 and $1500 or so.

You should also grab some $2 prepaid SIMs from other Telcos to run some tests on their coverage for your area.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors