Searching...

Mobile

No mobile data - Wileyfox Swift 2+ (dual sim) - Android 9

RoyDisco

I've recently had to revert to an old phone of mine due to the headphone socket breaking on my Sony Xperia X.

Despite my best efforts, I've not had any luck with mobile data, however regular telephone and SMS works fine.

I've entered the Access Point details as suggested, and even tried copying directly from the Xperia.  By default, the preferred network is choosing GSM/WCDMA/LTE, however these other options are available:

GSM/WCDMA preferred
GSM only
WCDMA only
GSM/WCDMA auto
CDMA/EvDo auto
CDMA w/o EvDo
EvDo only
CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA
CDMA+LTE/EvDo
EvDo only
CDMA +LTE/EvDo
GSM/WCDMA/LTE
Global
LTE
LTE/WCDMA
TDSCDMA only
TDSCDMA/WCDMA
LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM
TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA
LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM
TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA
LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA

Both phones are originally from the UK. 

The Wileyfox Swift 2+ is a dual sim phone, and I've read that sometimes this can cause issues, but I've also tried the SIM in both slots as well with no luck.

Additionally, I've logged into an ADB shell to check network interfaces, and they look fine - is there anything on Optus' end that might prevent me from using mobile data on another device?

Re: No mobile data - Wileyfox Swift 2+ (dual sim) - Android 9

Paddylee

Hello, 

Will be quite limited with 4g coverage with that device as it does not have band 28 700Mhz. 

Does have 1800 and 2600.

Apn is the only setting that has an impact

Mobile Phone APN

Name: Optus Yes Internet

APN: yesinternet

As for sim switch with dual sim - that may be the issue as I think that model can only use data on 1 sim at a time - must be a toggle somewhere. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

RoyDisco

Yeah the setting for which SIM for data is set to Optus (its the only sim in there).  I do see that occasionally an 'H' briefly flickers on and off as well.

Highlighted

Paddylee

Still should get 3g data (hsdpa, hspa etc etc many to list)

Calls working? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

RoyDisco

Calls are fine, as are SMS.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
82 Kudos
56 Kudos