Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Re: No double data on new plan - even though i have been told I should get it

Frr35h

I've had this problem since I signed up to the new plan. I've been an Optus customer since I was in High School. Worked for Optus for 2 years and have never ever been late on my bills. Not to mention I have several services with them.

When I first recontracted to the double data plan, everything seemed fine. Data showed for the remainder of that month. As soon as it rolled over to the next billing cycle  data went back to 30gb instead of 60gb. I'm on the $100 double data plan by the way. My first phone call to Optus seemed like it was it going to resolve the issue. After being in hold and transferred to and from for over an hour you'd think as much. I was promised a credit and a fix with in 24-48hrs. Never happened.

Second time round, after the next billing cycle started, same thing, except I was promised a credit and follow up phone call. To confirm it was fixed after he promised and assured me it would. Never happened. Except the credit did come through which atleast took away the extra charges that I faced because I was going over my data allowance. Consultant even told me not to use the internet as if I could not use the internet with a smart phone. Both of these times, I received text messages from the consultants to confirm their actions and the issues would be resolved even though they never were 

The third and final time was the most recent billing cycle and I was told the same thing as before that "yes you are entitled to it and it will be fixed and you will have a credit on your account for the inconvenience". Text sent to confirm and promise of the credit in the text. Well I just got debited and I'm not happy that not only was I not given my double data, but the credit wasn't applied. I've been billed for almost $400 and I've had enough. I'm taking this further if nobody at Optus can give a toss about their customers  Tomorrow I'll be visiting an Optus store, even though I know they probably won't be able to do anything. Next step is the Obutsman to get my money back and remove me from my contracts with Optus  That's all my contracts including internet and home landline 

I'd be grateful if this was some how fixed like the person above had theirs so quickly resolved but after what I've gone through  I have my reservations  

Dan_C

I'm happy to take a look @Frr35h

Can you fill out the template below and send that through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Your full name:

DOB:

MObile number:

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Frr35h

Thank you. 

I've sent it to you just now. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Hopefully you will be able to help more than everyone before you.

Shauna

Cheers!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Frr35h

Still nothing..

No help here  Called the call centre AGAIN  Nothing different from the last time  Giving me the same story of 24-48hrs and it'll be rectified  It's been 3 days now. Tomorrow I'm calling up and cancelling my contract and demanding no exit fees  Optus hasn't upheld their end of the contract so I see it only fair I be able to exit it without charge  It's a shame that they can make stupid promises like this and not deliver  It only pushes people away even after being with them for so long  

Shauna

Hey @Frr35h - I'm still waiting for our marketing team to get back to us. I'm very sorry for the delays. 

Leo1145

The same its now my 2nd bill and i had to make another complain in order for Optus to add on the bonus data im entitled to, my confidence in Optus is like minus 100, totally hopeless

Ev_

Not good to hear, Leo. If you can send through a private message with your account details, we can definitely take a look into this from our end. We'll need your full name, date of birth and mobile number. Thanks!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos