Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No double data on new plan - even though i have been told I should get it

A45A351

Hi all,

Im getting a little bit frustrated. I changed to the new $50 My Plan Plus SIM only on 14th March via Live Chat.

I confirmed with the sales representative that I would be getting the double data  (30GB + 30GB bonus = 60GB total).

The chat rep said the system should update within 24-48 hours and I should see the 60GB.

Fast forward to today, and after speaking to at least 2 Optus reps on the phone and 3 Live chats, being tranferrred from department to department - I still don't have my bonus data that I signed up for. My new billing period starts on 24th, but I only see 30GB available on My Accounts dashboard.

To make matters more confusing, each Optus representative tells me a different story. They have told me:

- the double data should be visible within 24-48 hours

- Wait for a week and it should be there.

- The double data should appear in the next billing period (i.e. 24th which is today)

- the double data will appear in the 2nd month after signup (i.e. sign up on 14th March so it should appear on 14th April?)

Which one is correct and how do I go about getting this corrected if no reps on the phone or live chat can fix it ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Frustrated.

Re: No double data on new plan - even though i have been told I should get it

10000000000GB

Yeah, its another one of these wonderful offers that is not mentioned in the CIS. Also the Netflix is not mentined.

A45A351

I wonder if anyone else has this problem of not getting the double data ?

The technical support department can't fix the issue - they transfer me to the Billing department.

The last Optus rep i spoke to said he needs to escalate to the Marketing department ? ( I have no idea what he meant by that).

My request is quite straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary, unfortunately it seems too much for them to resolve which is the frustrating part.

adr8

Same here, I signed up on the 20th to the $60 50GB + 50GB bonus data and was told the same by chat and phone support staff. They have escalated the case to the marketing department and said I will get a response in 3-5 business days. Another rep said the case will only be escalated if the bonus data doesn't appear in the Optus App by the second billing cycle so I don't know what to believe. You can PM the moderators on here like I did and they may be able to help, at the moment I am just waiting for the marketing department to get back to me and will chase it up after 5 business days like they initially said to do.

10000000000GB

When they discounted the $40 plan to $30, they still called it the $40 plan in the CIS and a few people had to argue for their discount.

Dan_C

@A45A351, send us a private message with your order details.

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

For anyone else that's lurking, the SIM only double data offer is available on the following plans:

New and recontracting customers who sign up to a $40 and above My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only plan will receive double data on the selected plan.

• $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only (DEC 17 Promo) Total of 30GB (15GB + 15GB)
  • $50 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only: (DEC 17 Promo) Total of 60GB (30GB + 30GB)
  • $60 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only: (DEC 17 Promo) Total of 100GB (50GB + 50GB)

The T's and C's do advise that the bonus data should be applied within 3 business days of signing up. In some instances, it can take up until the point that your 2nd invoice is due out to reflect on the customers end.

Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

[ Edited ]
A45A351

Hi Dan,

Thanks for clarifying this. 

I have sent you my Optus account details and reference number associated with this plan change. Hopefully with your assistance I can get this sorted.

I was really getting frustrated because the Technial Support department said they couldn't do anything and need to transfer me to the Billing Department. The Billing department told me yesterday via Live Chat the plan only comes with and I quote "Since the $50 My Plan Plus 12M SIM (Dec 17) is the one which includes the data of 30GB (15GB + 15GB as bonus data). The data of 15GB is added at the same time of signing of the contract and then the 15GB bonus data will be added in 30 days after the contract is signed-up". When I questioned her about the data inclusions she said she will need to escalate to the Marketing department.

Solution

[ Edited ]
adr8

I received my bonus data today just want to say thanks to Dan and the other mods that helped it is greatly appreciated.

Dan_C

@adr8, we appreciate it mate Smiley Happy

If anything else comes up, you're always welcome to reach out to us here.

Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

ans-xs

Same here. I recontracted a 120 plan I should be getting 200gb but I have only 100gb. Talked with staffs but each one has their own answers. I have no clue when will I get. I have PM Dan, hope he can fix it for me.

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos