cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NarcolepticRage
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Windows 10 support on Microsoft Surface Go 2 LTE.

I have been bouncing around the internet for months trying to find a way to use my Tablet's SIM by being able to send SMS/MMS messages or make calls but I came up empty. The SIM also can be linked to the official service provider app, which doesn't exist for Optus SIM's on the Microsoft Surface Go LTE with Windows 10 Enterprise LTE mobile devices.

At the end of every search, I got the same answer; Your service provider should be supplying the neccesary software to use their SIM's LTE messaging, phone & credit/billing management. So basically, I keep getting told that it is your responsibility for giving me the full functionality of my installed SIM, but I am coming up with nothing.

I have found the Telstra app in the Windows 10 store, but nothing for Optus customers in the app store or anything for the more popular & functional desktop standard.

Do you have what the developers at Microsoft claims is needed to messaging & call features?

I have tried everything I could think of to no avail before coming here, as advised by Microsoft (and others) & from what I have been told, Optus software developers are my only hope & if you can't, I am only able to use my SIM for the most basic default functionality without any other options left to me.

Can you help me with this issue, or at the very least, could you point me in the direction of a good third party program that can give me the ability to make phone calls & send or recieve messages that will utilize my SIM as it was designed?

I would greatly appreciate a solution. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: No Windows 10 support on Microsoft Surface Go 2 LTE.

Tablets use SIMs primarily for data and you should not be assuming that SMS/MMS or phone calls will work. Indeed, some SIMs that are specifically sold for use with tablets are data only so would not be able to make phonecalls even if the tablet supported them.
Jono_YC

Re: No Windows 10 support on Microsoft Surface Go 2 LTE.

Hi @NarcolepticRage it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your tablet. Depending on the current plan you're on, some SIM only plans do not have the ability to send SMS/MMS.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors