Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Croupier
Occasional Contributor

No Service Ukraine Kiev

Hey Optus can you please fix your issue with international roaming in Ukraine.

i have contacted support on 4 occasions over the past 2 days and this is going nowhere to a resolution.

We  have established that it’s not an issue on my end or my account settings so can you please look into the reason why your SIM card is not allowed to roam and activate on the service providers in Ukraine, if I knew I would have issues I would have bought a Telstra sim on departure, but now I’m here I’m up s**t creek without a paddle. Thanks.

One  more thing would have been nice if your support person actually called me back after I asked them to when I had to restart my phone as they requested.

Very poor service indeed. 

Judging buy buy the number of similar issues faced by other Optus customers in multiple countries around the globe over the last few years I see Optus must have serious issues with International roaming on their back end.

yours sincerely,

unhapoy customer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No Service Ukraine Kiev

The in country connection for global roaming is handled by the local ISPs.

Its possible there's an issue at your end?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the issues while you're overseas. I can see that roaming is enabled, so if the issues persists, there may be a problem with the local provider, or your mobile's settings. Please try manually searching for a different network to connect to.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Croupier
Occasional Contributor

For others that may suffer similar issues while overseas with roaming.

THE ISSUE IS THIS:

Just because you have credit on your account doesn’t mean that you will be able to roam overseas even if all you require is to receive SMS.

Aparrently there is a thing called main credit? To me credit should be credit and in my account in app or other the is no differentiation between credit an main credit.

So even though I had $5 credit I was screwed because unknown to me this was not main credit.

I had to figure this out myself because both phone support and chat support were absolutely useless at troubleshooting this issue.

Also be wary of what prepaid recharge you select, when I figured out the problem and asked the chat support to advise me the cheapest recharge to get my roaming service activated he suggested $5 recharge, I looked into it before buying and it turns out it is only a domestic recharge, after I explained this he apologized and told me that the $20 was the cheapest to enable this service, again false information. I saved myself $15 but not accepting the chat supports advice.

The cheapest you can activate roaming overseas is with a $10 recharge, so if you are on prepaid the cheapest it will cost you to receive SMS while OS is $10.

So don’t believe Optus when it says it’s free to receive SMS overseas. You must have a active main credit that has inclusions for OS roaming.

Optus please make this clearer to you customers and put this information on your page that explains overseas roaming.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Croupier

Good information thanks.

I stumbled over this list a while ago. No doubt the result of a huge legacy of specials and bonuses. 

I agree with you. Credit should just be credit.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors