cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
soakl
New Contributor
New Contributor

Next day delivery promised on website, then told it will take 5-10 business days to get here

Has anyone else had issues with Optus promised next day express delivery before 1pm only to get an email saying it will take 3-5 business days to even be processed letalone shipped?

I tried to place an order this morning (pre 8am) to recontract my phone (an offer that is only offered online for this particular plan), only to get an email saying it would take 3-5 days to process the order.

When I contacted the Chat Support they just talked in loops and said it's standard that delivery can take up to 7 business days after processing (which takes 3-5 business days).

Why blatantly lie on the website when the customer support people even confirmed the handset model was in fact in stock. Then they tried to suggest that express delivery is only for "selected capital cities" even though that isn't listed on the website and I live in inner Melbourne.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Miles_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Next day delivery promised on website, then told it will take 5-10 business days to get here

Heya @soakl. Apologies for the confusion regarding the delivery timeframe. Can definitely understand that you'd like to receive your device straight away but there are a number of factors that can affect this, particularly stock levels and availability. So sorry again for any inconvenience that this experience may have caused.

0 Kudos
soakl
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Next day delivery promised on website, then told it will take 5-10 business days to get here

The customer service rep confirmed it was in stock and I have been with Optus for six years so they have already done all the financial checks given it was a recontracting. You're just talking in the same BS loops that they were.

If you cannot offer next day delivery on a product, don't advertise that on your website especially when the offer is not availble in store. It's a straight up lie and should be looked into by the ACCC.OPtus.PNG

0 Kudos
Caffeine
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Exactly.

It isn't the delivery timeline that is the problem, it is the difference between advertised and actual.

Similar situation for me, in my case iPad pro.  Again quotes free express if ordered before 1pm and 

"Available Now. Delivers in 1 to 3 days."

Ordered on boxing day via chat so expected it to be shipped on the 27th.  Contacted yesterday to follow up and basically advised 3-4 working days from yesterday.

It's not that consumers don't understand peak times and delays, but we can only understand them if you actually state them.  It still hasn't changed on the website, and wasn't communicated by the staff member when ordering.  I planned the timing of the order around this information and when we would be at home.  The difference between 1 day and 1 and a bit weeks is not trivial.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors