cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Re: New phone trade up at 12 months

Hi @bindicooper, I can confirm that this is a genuine promotion that ran from 13 September 2019 to 25 October 2019. This was for new and re-contracting customers who purchased the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max if they chose to upgrade (trade-up) after 12 months post-service activation.

This offer was available on both 24-month and 36-month contracts and would have required the traded handset to be returned in-store in good working order. As we are unable to discuss account details via this forum for privacy reasons, we recommend you reaching out to our 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App or via Private Message on our Official Optus Twitter or Facebook page.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We contracted  iphone 11pro x2 on the 8th of November 2019 and the free upgrade was still being advertised, but I can’t find any details about this on my contract. I was planning to use the offer in a couple of weeks time. Will Optus still honour this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Chrisaitk,

I'd recommend reaching out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to grab your details securely and access your account to confirm your plan details and offers.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also having the exact same issue I did take screenshots of the promotion at the time (see below)Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.56.48 pm.pngI have not yet approached Optus in person but I certainly will I am appalled that they do not have the promotion in their records, this is very false and misleading. I have spoken to Optus via the app and was told that my contract states I have to pay $149.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.56.39 pm.png

Highlighted

Hi @CL0

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

If you have either a Facebook or Twitter account, are you able to send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page? Our teams can then securely confirm your details and take a closer look into this for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Will do.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors