cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ginnygin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

New phone sms sound notification not working.

Samsung a21s. Purchased yesterday on a new plan. There's no sms notification sound. I've gone through the settings and nothing has worked.
Also no double tap to wake screen function.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: New phone sms sound notification not working.

Hi @Ginnygin, thanks for getting in touch with us. Have you tried these steps here? Message Icon > Menu Button (Three dots) > Settings > Notifications > Show Notifications > New Messages > Sound > Select Sound. 

Let me know how you go. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ginnygin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tina
I have tried that in the settings but no success.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @Ginnygin - Which part isn't working or were you not able to find the settings for this?

Can you follow the below instructions for me and let me know how you go?

1. Settings

2. Sounds and Vibrations

3. Notification Sound

Once it has been selected, the blue dot should be present.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ginnygin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok it now will make a system sound now but I have selected spaceline in the settings and it's not doing it, if that makes sense.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

@Ginnygin Have you turned Vibration or Silent off as of yet?

You'll also need to turn the volume up on the Sound settings to hear this - Steven

Ginnygin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have turned off silent and Vibrat. I have turned on alert for new messages and selected spaceline Sound.
Still nothing.
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Thanks for getting back to us @Ginnygin. When you go into Notification sound and select the Spaceline sound is it playing the sound when in that section? 

If it's selected have you been able to test that device on loud with someone SMSing you to see if that is using the Spaceline sound? Let us know and we'll follow up. Rob

0 Kudos
Ginnygin
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Phone will make the spaceline sound when I select it in settings. Just won't sound when I recieve a message
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Are you able to select Volume underneath System Sound there @Ginnygin. Are all of those up full there? Specifically Notifications and Ringtone? 

0 Kudos