Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Argenbarx
New Contributor
New Contributor

New phone ordered

Hi All - I ordered a new Apple 11 on Wed Nov 4 as part of continuing my contract - I did this on the phone with Abdul. He had great customer service skills and told me the phone would be delivered in the next 2 days. (I had called a local store who said they didn't have any black 11's in stock.) Abdul took a few minutes to double check they were in stock. Then at the final part of the call he rushed to tell me he was also sending a SIM which I didn't ask for and don't need. I received a tracking number and quick delivery of the SIM I didn't need and didn't ask for. When I called I was told that there were no black 11's available and hadn't been for some time - they were on back order and there was no idea known about when they would be available. It was very clear Abdul knew this, wanted the sale and rushed to send me an unneeded SIM instead. I would like my call reviewed - they are recorded and I would like Abdul to spoken to about this. The phone is urgently needed and I am locked into an indefinite wait thanks to Abdul's focus on making a sale. Feedback please.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: New phone ordered

Hi @Argenbarx,

Thanks for taking the time to raise this with us here. 

Please note that we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you’re needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

frigginawesome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've had this happen on a preorder recently. All indications (on the website, in chat, on the phone) suggest the phone you want is in stock. Once you place an order, it becomes clear you're in a backorder - first come first serve.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi there @frigginawesome, as @Serena_YC has mentioned above, if you do have any questions regarding an order, just send us a message through the My Optus App and we can check that out for you. 

As for the pre-order process in general, if you're pre-ordering through our website, it is updated in real-time to reflect the stock that is available. When the device in question goes on backorder, it's updated on our website. Jack

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

frigginawesome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jack.
I'm supporting this discussion with my personal experience. I appreciate you want to address each situation privately, but I think it's important that current and future customers are made aware.
There's plenty of other examples in this pinned thread: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Raincheck-and-Backorder-process/td-p/579989

I can assure you - when my pre-order became a backorder, your website was showing 'in stock'.
Jack_YC

Thanks for letting us know @friggenawesome, I've flagged your feedback for our Website and Sales teams to review. If you require any further assistance with your specific order or account, please reach out to us through the My Optus App.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Abdul made the sale and so Optus has little issue. Unfortunately Optus customer service is set up so there's no continuity of who you are dealing with. Call back and you get someone new. The staff know that whatever they say, its going to be someone else's issue to clean up. For service issues, its very common to be told its all being sorted and they agent will follow it up tomorrow and call you back - they don't. For sales, stock levels seems to be a mystery or if known, signing you up to a waiting list without telling you is again not unusual IME.

I would suggest you cancel the order. You can get the phone immediately at Apple themselves (and connect that with an Optus plan if you want). Apple do 24 month contracts.
0 Kudos