Searching...

Mobile

New phone delivery

Barney335

I just tried to help my partner change to Optus and buy a new Samsung on a plan.

We were told that it could not be delivered to the Post Office where her mail goes, but has to be delivered to some honky little shop where I we both have pending legal action against the owner, and we never go there.

She works shift work , so cannot be sure if she will be home in which case it gets delivered to a Post Office. We do not understand why we just can't nominate a Post Office in the first instance as a secure collection point. I already visit there to collect my mail.

Any one help with this?

Cheers

Re: New phone delivery

Dan_C

I'm not sure of any rules that state customers can't opt for a secure collect at their local post office.

I haven't been able to find any real specific information on the topic, other than a page that lists our ID requirements for secure collect.

Normally, if the customer isn't home to collect their package, a card is left at the door with pick up instructions. The package should be sent to your local post office for collection as a carded item. 

How'd you place the order? Was that through our Tele-sales team? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Barney335

Yes, I was chatting online with my partner, and the team member was most uncooperative. The only alternatives for delivery are at the home address or work address.

Failing pick up at the home address, it will go to the nearest PO.

The local post office agent in this very small community is run by a woman who currently has outstanding legal actions against my partner, therefore we cannot visit this location.

As a Post Office is apparently a secure location, we asked for it to be delivered directly to the Coffin Bay Post Office, which is where we both have a mail box, and we could sign for it there.

It seems logical that if Wangary PO Agent is secure, then why not directly to Coffin Bay full Post Office.

But, NO, must be Wangary.

I don't know what happened to 'YES Optus'.

Dan_C

I've managed to find more info on the subject.

What is Secure Collect?

Secure Collect is a delivery method used for new services determined as high risk at point of sale. Deliveries are sent directly to the Post Office instead of to the customer’s address.

If an order has been flagged for Secure Collect, They'll need the following: 

• A letter authorising the customer to pick up the device with the relevant 100 points of ID will be delivered within 4 business days of the delivery being dispatched to the Post Office
  • Customers will not be able to pick up the delivery from the Post Office unless they have the letter and valid ID
Can the customer choose the Australia Post outlet they wish to go to?

Yes. This can be selected at point of sale. If they want to change the LPO, we can submit a rekey form to send the device to another post office, and a new letter will be posted to the customer.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Barney335

Thank you Dan.

That makes sense.

I am afraid that the sales staff need to be trained on this, as we were completely frustrated by his beligerant attitude.

Thank you for your time and your responses.

Terry and Linda.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos