cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor AJ87
New Contributor

New phone cancelled

I spent an hour talking to someone on the online chat organising a new Huawei P30 Pro on a plan and getting broadband connected to my new place. I was assured everything was sorted. I've received my SIM, I've received my new modem and Fetch box, but no sign of the phone. This morning when I got online to enquire about it, I have been told that my order was cancelled as per my request!? I certainly didn't request to cancel it! What on earth is going on? I had even arranged to get the free speaker that was supposed to come with the phone! Now, not only can I not connect my new modem and get on the internet due to technical difficulties, I have no new phone on its way. Disappointed is an understatement - regretting my decision to switch to Optus. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: New phone cancelled

They wouldn't have cancelled the order "at your request" and sent a SIM card, so that bit in my mind doesn't quite make sense.

Your best bet might be a complaint via www.optus.com.au/complaints HOWEVER remember due to Easter and Anzac day you won't get a quick response. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.