Searching...

Mobile

New phone and sim activation

DAB

I have been with Virgin mobile until they were taken over by Optus a couple of months ago. So I decided to upgrade my phone and port my number, which I’ve had for about 20 years, over to a new Optus service. Phone and sim came very promptly and I began what I thought would be a relatively easy process of activation. That was 2 weeks ago and I’ve contacted them 7 times and been told each time that it’s in the final stage and will take from 15 minutes to 24 hours. I have no working ph no and feel completely stranded and flabbergasted but the inability to get any further. If I cancel and send the ph back I’ll lose my number of 20 years. I have contacted the ombudsman who says that usually the telco fixes the problem as soon as they receive the complaint but as yet still nothing...no call backs or emails. I’m at my wits end and find it so unbelievable that I can’t speak to any one in Australia let alone someone higher up who can tell me the truth of the problem.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and was it remedied. I literally don’t know what else to do or whether I’ll ever have this service activated.....2 weeks without a phone number for goodness sakes.

Re: New phone and sim activation

Wesley-J

Hi DAB - completely agree how frustrating this experience would be, our sincere apologies for the poor experience provided by the activation issue. Can you please send us a private message, confirming your full name, DOB and the service/account number in question? We will do our best to assist where we can.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
127 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos