Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Darcina
New Contributor
New Contributor

New biller code and account number

Paid phone bill today at work 

Didn't see the new account number and biller code in the bottom of email therefore I paid it to my old account # and biller code. 

Question 

Without ringing the bank will my payment transfer to my new account? Because the payment hasn't bounced back. Or have I paid someone else's account....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: New biller code and account number

They wouldn't re-use numbers, so it probably just went into a black hole of heh heh.

You have to spend an hour on chat finding it, and then having them credit it to another wrong account.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Darcina, shouldn't be an issue.

A couple of customers on the forum have been caught off guard by the exact same thing.

I'd received confirmation that the fund will be automatically transferred to the new billing account.

It's always a good idea to make sure but I think you'll be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Darcina
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan! 

I rang Optus today (1509 number) and my bill has been paid and i double checked on the optus my account app so I assume they transferred the payment!!

Cheers for the heads up 😊 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problem @Darcina: D

Thanks for the update!

If something else comes up, give us a shout!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos