cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor theline1982
New Contributor

New account sim, activation fail

Just received my data only 24month plan directly from Optus, on activation I get the below error.

SIM number entered has been locked. A valid SIM is required to continue activation. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0012

I looked in the forums and there isn't a lot on there, could it be a faulty sim? Would seem unlucky.

3 Replies
Contributor onestepchris
Contributor

Re: New account sim, activation fail

Hey, 

From what I understand, the simcard is preactivated. May I ask have you tried placing the simcard inside the broadband modem? We just need to wait for the modem to connect to the tower. 

If you're still having issues getting it activated then  you can contact them at: 133937, Or you can also contact them via chat, please go to: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Hope it helps,

Cheers. 

New Contributor

I managed to get to talk to 7 different people on live chat last night, the last mentioned it would take 24 hours to activate. The last person identified it was a pre-activated service, not sure why the others couldn't work that out. So far it hasn't activated.

The modem can't see the sim at the moment, although the other OVO one I have connects to the Optus tower just fine. I'll wait a couple of hours to see if it works but as of yet the modem isn't picking up the sim, other then saying "Sim card Prepared" which I assume means it at least recognises there is a sim in there.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Semi resolution - After the SIM still wasn't activated I decided to go into the Optus shop.

The lady at the shop was pretty helpful, seems she said that my account was stuck in a pending loop in their system and likely I also had a faulty SIM. She gave me a new SIM and said it would take 3-5 days to become available. She mentioned that that this often happens with online orders and quite often the Sims are also faulty.

Optus should consider providing their online staff with more transparency so they could have seen that my order was still in pending status. Additionally perhaps they should consider reviewing their procedures and processes to report on accounts which are still pending after 'x' amount of time.

If the Optus staff are aware of these kind of issues as they're so 'common' seems to me like they have easy target areas for improving or mitigating risk.

So there you go, avoid online ordering and just go to the Optus shop. Fix pending.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors