Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New account number

Anyone having trouble putting in new customer number in BPay?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New account number

Hi @Cindy50, we've had no reported issues on our end. How new is the service? You might want to confirm your account details with our live chat team → http://yesopt.us/chat2us. They'll definitely be able to help out with this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm having trouble paying on bpay with the new account number too. The bank doesn't recognise it...

Also I can't contact anyone to talk to on the 'chat 24/7' page...the links don't work.

Has anyone found a solution to the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Neen1, that's a little unusual - they shouldn't have a problem with it. Can you please clarify who you bank with? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I bank with Macquarie. I might call them and ask why it's happened, it must be an issue at their end.

Also wanted to ask if you still have a place to report bill payments online? I can't find it anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved...

You guys changed your BPAY code as well as the customer reference number but you don't mention that on your bill.

Might be an idea to let people know that they have to 'create a new biller' when paying your bills now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Neen1,

The Optus biller code is 3061. It might have been your “BPAY reference number” that'd changed (your Optus account number). We've recently migrated a number of post-paid mobile services to a new billing/service platform. Your account number may of began with either an eight or a nine. Your new account number should start with a 6.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan, yes my new account number begins with a '6' but the BPAY biller code has changed too. It's now '959197', not mentioned once on the bill...I suspect many people will be confused by this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm cleaning out my email and I just found one telling me about the new BPAY biller code etc... I'd missed it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're absolutely right. It's bound to cause some confusion. I’d been advised by another customer that they'd also been given the same BPAY biller code - 959197.

Our website still notes 3061 & 3087 as your biller code. I'll need to make sure that we update our support page to reflect the change.