cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor BAAA
New Contributor

New Mobile Phone Delivery

I ordered the iPhone 11 on Monday 28th October and received a confirmation email the same day stating delivery timeframes are 1-5 days. The phone was in stock when I ordered and my delivery address is in the CBD, so I had every reason to expect that I'd have my phone by today.

I haven't received any update, StarTrack have no record of my order number and customer service people seem unable to help. They just keep repeating that delivery is 3-5 days and that it has to get from their warehouse to StarTrack first.

If delivery is 3-5 days, don't put 1-5 days on your website and emails.

Keep your customers updated. If you can't uphold delivery timeframes, then be open about it. Lack of imformation and communication is frustrating and makes customers more irate.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor BAAA
New Contributor

Re: New Mobile Phone Delivery

Turns out the only way to get assistance from Optus is to repeatedly call the contact centre until you speak to someone who has enough sense to call the warehouse... and find out that they are out of stock of the phone.

I am a long time Optus customer who is very unimpressed with the service I have received. I have used this "community" page, lodged a complaint, used the Optus messaging service (complete waste of time) and called the contact centre 4 times. Pick up your game Optus. 

Update your customers! It's not hard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi, @BAAA, I'm sorry we couldn't get to this one sooner.

Almost a week to find out the handset isn't in stock? That's really not good enough. 

The 1-5 delivery time-frame we quote should be clearer.

Delivery time-frames when stock is available:

· Metropolitan Areas: Orders made before 12pm (AEST) Monday-Friday will be delivered in 1-5 days.

· Regional Deliveries: Around 3-5 business days for most regional areas.

Which iPhone 11 have you ordered (colour and storage capacity)? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor BAAA
New Contributor

Hi,

I ordered the Black 64GB.

StarTrack still have no record of it and still shows as "submitted" in order tracking on Optus' website - however it has now updated to say it is out of stock.

But I was told on Friday that they have received more stock and I should expect it by Wednesday - I'm not hopeful though.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @BAA.

I just wanted to check in and see if there's been any progress with this one? According to our daily stock report, we have almost every iPhone 11 in stock (other than a couple of 64GB variants).

If you still need a hand, give us a shout. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor BAAA
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C 

My phone was delivered last week. However I was never able to see my order in StarTrack's system via the link I was provided - https://optus.startrack.com.au/

StarTrack also had to call me to confirm my delivery address, which makes me wonder if all the information I supplied when I ordered ever made it across to StarTrack.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Definitely an odd situation BAAA, we'll notify our Sales Support team to review this one. 

Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors