Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor JVodicka
New Contributor

New Contract Incorrect!

I have just transferred to Optus from Virgin, accepting one of their special Sim only offers with 30GB data (bonus 15gb). However, after logging into the app I noticed my data breakdown only showed 15gb! Has anybody else experienced this/ is there anybody from Optus here that can help? Feeling a little ripped off at the moment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: New Contract Incorrect!

Hi

If this is the offer you signed up you will see that the extra data is applied from the second bill.

DOUBLE DATA 12M SIM ONLY OFFER:Sign up/recontract to any standard My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only plan to receive double the standard data inclusion from your second bill for up to 24 months. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As mentioned the double data should apply from the next month.

@Davelew I've been increasingly concerned about the spread of this "2nd month'" approach. It seemed to be because of some sort of technical reason that Optus can't provide the sevice contracted from day one. 

But its reached a tipping point IMO as being a standard business practice and contrary to consumer law. 

The ACCC are very clear on fine print qualifications: Fine print and qualifications:  It is common practice for advertisements to include some information in fine print. This information must not contradict the overall message of the advertisement.

Optus are essential advertising a 12-24 month double data deal in the big print and then qualifying it as only 11-23 months in the fine print. Its made especially worse as those that fall foul of this misleading advertising are also on the hook for excess usage fines of $10 per Gb. 

Optus need to be bringing this qualification up to front and centre or remove it entirely. 

Peter Gillespie

Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I agree with you @petergdownload.

It is at best unclear @as so many new Optus customers are caught out by it.

If Optus are unable to add the extra data for the first month they should offer a discount for that month.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors