Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
blkgixa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

New Account Number for Mobile

Hi Optus,

My mobile Account number has changed from an 8 to a 6.

No notifiation received of the change.

After a 45 minute discussion with off-shore trying to determine if payments made to the old account number will transfer to the new account number, I requested a team leader,  i was put on hold for 7 minutes, call went blank and was then terminated and no call back. DISGUSTING, Still not sure if payments will be transfered to the new account number.

For those out there noticing a different account number, it is legit and Optus have not notified many users of the change due to a system glitch, can you confirm this by searching forums.

An Optus apology is not needed and the experience needs to be shared with others so they are aware of the change, if someone could clarify if the payments are transfered that will be great.

Also, MyAccount must be in a transitioning period, as certain functions are not available

0 Kudos
6 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Account Number for Mobile

When they transfer you to the new web and account system, you get 2 account numbers. I think either will work.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@blkgixa,

Customers impacted by the change should have been notified. Have you checked your inbox/spam folder? I received several similar enquiries from customers who'd used their old account and biller code reference. The correct account was credited within two working days.

For more info on the extend of the impact during the system upgrade check outhttp://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&question=external+link&typeid=...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
blkgixa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yes I did check my spam, nothing.

After 22 years, it may be time to say goodbye 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, are you registered for electronic billing? I'd hope that we have your contact email registered on our end. 

The change is intended to make things a little less confusing for our customers. I've listed some of the changes we've made to our bill layout below:

• Eligible charges shown on the bill are inclusive of GST
  • Charges not applicable for GST appear in the Service Summary section of the bill (e.g. Roaming charges)
  • BPAY biller code: 959197 is used for BPAY payments
  • Monthly plan recurring charges (voice and data) are shown as a combined total
  • Shared usage summary appears in a different format for customers who have 1 - 7 subscriptions and customers with 8+ subscriptions or more
  • Handset Monthly Repayment Options (MRO) appear on the bill as a NET total (charge and credit combined)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
blkgixa
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That number is not registered for online billing!

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, do you want us to update your contact details? We'll include your current email address. That way in the future, you won't miss out any further communication from us. 

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details.

I need your full name, DOB and account number. Follow the URL I've linked below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos