cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Amash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Never had 4G signal at home

Hello Optus, 

We moved from Macquarie Park, Sydney where we were getting 60+ Mbps on 4G connection, to Northmead, Sydney where we're getting 3 Mbps on a 3G signal. All our friends and family on Vodafone or Telstra are getting full 4G signals at our new home here in Northmead.

Please advise what you will do about this as clearly there is an issue with the strength of the signal tower we are connected to in this area. If you don't give me any response, we will have to change providers when my plan ends in October. 

Look forward to your advice. Thanks

Amir

4 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Never had 4G signal at home

please check the network coverage and see if 4g is avaliable at your new home. Also, do you get 4G connection speed at other suburbs since you move to your new home?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Amash
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the tips. Phone works fine so does the sim. It’s where we are that’s the issue.

ive actually had a chat with optus support today and they’ve confirmed my location is a poor 4G area for Optus. 

They, without hesitation, offered to cancel my contract. 

It goes to show that even in Sydney Metro these days, there are known dead spots. 

SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

fair enough...i guess now is to look for a provide with the 4g coverage that you need or maybe nbn at home...

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Amash
New Contributor
New Contributor

No NBN here at least until 2019 and probably later the way things are going... 

yep vodafone and Telstra have 4G (full bars) over here ...

0 Kudos