soptus xsmart alcatel 5056i
imei 354627081007652

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Network unlock

Hey @davesyd - can you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can pass this on? Also, I've edited out your mobile number from this public post for privacy. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NedB
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. After buying a prepaid Doro for my dad from Optus I now want to use a telstra Sim card in it.

I purchased the IMEI code and unlocked the phone which seemed successful at first but it doesn't stay connected to the Telstra network. It keeps showing SOS Calls only.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

Hi @NedB, so you've already received an unlock code? When you say it doesn't stay connected, is it finding the network at first then dropping or not working at all? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NedB
New Contributor

Hi Tris,

It momentarily finds the network when first powered on then drops back to SOS only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

You're not being prompted to enter the unlock code though? Have you tested your SIM in another handset just to rule it out as the problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NedB
New Contributor

Yes it did prompt me and I entered the code which it accepted. It just doesn't seem to keep the connection after powering off and on.

I have taken the sim card out and tested it in another phone and it works fine so it seems to be the phone itself which is only 6 months old. Maybe the unlock process isn't complete? It has been over 24 hours since I unlocked it so would have thought it should be okay...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, as long as the device has authenticated the unlock code, it should be good to go! 

I'd really suggest backing up the handset and performing a hard/factory reset on the device.

• Hold down the Power button for a while to turn off the smartphone
  • Then press and hold the Volume Up + Power key simultaneously for a couple of seconds
  • Let go of held keys as soon as the ALCATEL logo pops up
  • The Recovery Mode should appears on the screen
  • Choose "wipe data/factory reset" by using the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm it

Let us know how it goes. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NedB
New Contributor

Tried that too! Still no luck. Connects for a few mnutes then back to SOS only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How long ago did you purchase the handset? The device should of came with a 24-month manufacturer’s warranty. We could send the phone away for assessment? Our technicians may be able to determine the cause of the issue. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos