Searching...

Mobile

Network data

Hunkee

Hi,  I need some help.... I have activated my Coles prepaid sim (Optus network) & calls/texts working fine but I cannot access internet without wifi.  It has the 3G symbol but says “cannot activate mobile data network” & then suggests to turn on mobile data.  But I have done this & tried all the trouble shooting sugesstions such as resetting & turning off & removing sim.

any other suggestions???

Re: Network data

Mike-N

Hey @Hunkee

It sounds like your APN Setting is not automatically updating to the Optus APN. If your handset does not have the APN set to 'Optus Yes Internet' it will call and text but your mobile data won't work. Can you let us know what type of phone you're using and whether you used this with a previous carrier? Information on Optus Mobile APN Settings can be found here. When you confirm the model of phone we can track down some more detailed instructions on how to check and update your APN. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Hunkee

Thanks, I have an IPhone 6s.  The APN has “yesinternet”.

Mike-N

What carrier was previously used in your phone? Have you recently used the phone with an overseas SIM card? If so, you might have a configuration profile on your iPhone causing an issue with your connection to our mobile network. Configuration profiles can be added to your handset for a number of reasons including custom network settings required by some carriers outside of Australia. You can check and remove any configuration profile by heading to Settings > General. If this isn't the case, try and head to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Hunkee

Thanks Mike-N,

telstra was my previous carrier & I have not had an overseas sim in the phone.  I have already done a network setting reset with no luck.

Mike-N

Hmm. Can you please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth? We'll take a look at your service on our end. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos