Searching...

Mobile

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1

Paddylee

Not likely, Optus is selling the Netgear 800s which is a cat 9 device and is portable  (so 3 x 4g bands at once).

If you want to spend $500+ on a device that may not give you any improvement thats up to you

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Jens188

yeah, if the 4G Network enviroment cannot 2GBps speed, you still cannot use the fast speed with your device, no matter how fast your device could support. The E5788u-96a Huawei Wi-Fi and the M1 are both 1Gbps router.

Eric008

Is the Optus Netgear 800S SIM unlocked? If i travel to Europe, can i use it for example in Germany and Switzerland?

Highlighted

Toomey

@Eric008 it depends how the device is purchased. Prepaid devices will be network locked, but postpaid ones are not. Check out this page for more information → How To Unlock Your Device From The Optus Network

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

800s is not sold as prepaid. 

Its either purchased outright or on a postpaid mobile broadband service.

To be honest, never checked mine to see if its locked - I would think not. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Eric008

Thanks. I will try the latest Huawei E5788u-96, and i read this blog about the Nighthawk M1 and Huawei E5788: https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/difference-between-huawei-e5788-and-netgear-nighthawk-m1/

Will try the Huawei E5788Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos