cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Re: Netgear AC800s cat9 modem constantly Restarting

I'm having the same issues. It has been fine for some time and now it's restarting all the time. I can be in the middle of filling out a form and the internet will have dropped. It's driving me insane. 

I hope there is a fix coming because this is just not working at all. I rely on my internet. Firmware is the latest and I'm not that keen to drop my speed down to 3g to combat this 4g band issue. 

PLEASE fix this. I don't see any point returning the device as it just means another busted device on the latest firmware really. 

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

For doing this post I got a badge. Not an answer. Nah, that's a bit too far. But I got a sweet badge! 

Optus. Worst ISP in Australia. 

Fire your management. Hire smarter people. Do better, Optus. 

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Yeah so this one is still being completely ignored by optus. 

Worst ISP in Australia, hands down. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Janeypie75
Occasional Contributor

I am now on my 4th replacement and within 5 minutes of using it, it disconnected again!  Tried to put up with it for the last two weeks but working from home I need stability.  Today it restarted 3 times in 40mins, now using my back up modem E5573 which is a bit slower but stable.  Tried to take my AC800s back to the optus store today for a refund, but only a manager can authorise refunds and it was his day off!!  Will try again tomorrow as it is unusable the way it is.  Wish it didnt't have these issues as when it works its a great little modem.  

Occasional Contributor iibrA
Occasional Contributor

even the manager will not give you a refund. they will keep kincking you and they will try to find any stupid excuse to not to give you a refund as they did with me.

all you can do is to contact the technical support (chat) explain your situation and ask for refund. if they try to find excuse to not give you a refund just tell them that you will contact the cunsumer affairs and you will be directed to another customer support for cnacellation straight away.

i have been through all these and at the end i am using my huawei older router for more stability even it is slower.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Janeypie75
Occasional Contributor

Took my modem back to my local optus store. Explained that i was on my 4th replacement and had no issues with getting a refund. Manager was very understanding and completely understood how frustrated i was. Now back on my back up e5573 but at least its stable even though its not as fast. Cant complain about the customer service from my local store. Just wish they could have fixed this issue as its a great modem when it works properly. 

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

I'm gonna hold out for new firmware. I like to think someone is actually working to fix this and it's just that the idiots at optus don't know how to communicate with their customers. 

Worst ISP in Australia. But hopefully someone, somewhere, is doing their job. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor milfner
New Contributor

FYI - I have resolved my AC800S rebooting issue by removing Band 3 via telnet console (refer to curlynz - whirlpool). My AC800S was previouly rebooting 5+ times per day (while always connecting to Band 3) and has now been online for 2 days on other Bands (1, 7, 28 and 40).

0 Kudos
Contributor krunchy
Contributor

Here is a copy paste of that thread post by CurlyNZ. Hopefully this fixes it for now. 

I'm still totally sending a letter to the minister though. This is a joke and it's being handled contemptuously badly. They are just waiting for us to get bored and stop hassling them. 

After reading various posts, I have found that there is a manual way you can define which bands the modem will attempt to connect to. By doing this it has allowed me to move away from the modem defaulting to the B3 1800mhz band which along with many others has caused timeouts/disconnected and reboots.

You need to create a Telnet session by using the USB port and connect to your computer. If its connected through a router that still works

IP address of modem 192.168.1.1
Port: 5510
Username/Password as set by you for the web logon page

Once connected you can use the following to check what bands it is actually connected to

AT!GSTATUS? will show which Band you are connected to along with any Carrier Aggregation (CA)

To force the modem to use a single band use the following "at!gband=........"
at!gband? will show current config

at!gband=0000000000000000,0000000000000001 B1 2100
at!gband=0000000000000000,0000000000000004 B3 1800
at!gband=0000000000000000,0000000000000040 B7 fdd 2600
at!gband=0000000000000000,0000000000000080 B8 900
at!gband=0000000000000000,0000000008000000 B28 700
at!gband=0000000000000000,0000008000000000 B40 2300

If you want to use more the one band then you basically add the values together this is what I am using to ignore using band B3. My modem connects to B28 and I get CA with B40

at!gband=0000000000000000,0000008008000041 B40,B28,B7,B1

Hope this makes sense, unfortunately you can't prioritise the major band to connect to(unless you just choose one) It is possibly based on strength or settings in the software. Also CA will not work with any band set it has preferences depending on what is the major frequency you are connected to.

Down below is where I found the original info

https://translate.google.com.au/translatehl=en&sl=ar&u=https://www.adslgate.com/dsl/showthread.php%3...

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

@krunchy  Thanks for that mate have been reading this for a while and was hoping optus would fix the issue before i had to manually blocked B3 but no such luck. Have changed the modem now to run the same bands as you and although iv gone from 120Mbps to 70Mbps seems stable so far.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors