Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor iibrA
Occasional Contributor

Re: Netgear AC800s cat9 modem constantly Restarting

@Eric008

Factory reset won't help. They replaced my device 2 weeks ago and it still has the same problem.

It happens to me more when i connect the device in my laptop through USB.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@iibrA, this one has been coming up a fair bit on the forum. I wonder if there's been a recent firmware update that's contributed to the issue. Are you able to send us a PM with your details? I need your full name, DOB and service number of your mobile broadband service. You can send that through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor iibrA
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C

The device is upto date. I have contacted the technical support several times without a progress.

I sent you my details

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

I made the original post about my AC800S constantly restarting. This issue has never been fixed the recent firmware upgrade has done nothing to resolve the issue.  Its to a point that this modem is now useless and i have put my sim back into my E5186.

With the sim in the E5186 i sacrifice speed but atleast my connection is stable and i dont have the restarts every 10-15 min.

I checked to see if the issue was fixed this morning and to see what band im connected too and low and behold its always on band 3 when restarting.

I have lost hope in optus ability to be able to fix this issue and have written off this modem.

0 Kudos
Contributor Consik
Contributor

This is from the logs for the last 24hr.

[Internet disconnected] Saturday, Jun 23,2018 12:39:47

[Internet disconnected] Saturday, Jun 23,2018 10:40:27
[Internet disconnected] Friday, Jun 22,2018 11:55:31
[Internet disconnected] Friday, Jun 22,2018 11:39:17
[Internet disconnected] Friday, Jun 22,2018 11:09:30

As you can see this is not normal for the modem to be restarting like this over and over. I cant understand with so many people having the same issue that optus are unable or unwilling to fix this massive problem.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I've been asked to collect the details of customers who've been impacted by the issue. Can I get you guys to send your details through to  http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and the service number. I'll collate a few examples and send them off to our mobile case management team. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Consik, I just wanted to let you know that I've replied back to your private message. 

I'll chat with you there. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mozza91
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I've had the same issues as the others in this thread, PM'd you with the relevant details.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back to that one @mozza91

We'll chat with you there. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Janeypie75
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue with my Ac800s. I bought my modem outright in may and it worked fine...then i suddenly started to drop the speed to less than 1mbps. So i was given a replacement at beginning of august. As soon as i got the replacement it kept restarting. Within a week i had taken it back to the shop and after 5 days got another replacement. Picked this up saturday and haa been working fine. This morning though it restarted twice within 5minutes.  I work from home so need a reliable service. When it works its great but i cannot use it if its going to restart unexpectedly. I have checked and i am also on the LTE band 3.  I will see how it goes over the next day but if its going to continue i will take it back to the shop and demand a refund. 3rd replacement in 3 months and at a cost of $240 its not cheap. Does anyone have any recommendations on a replacement?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors