cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor josephyu
New Contributor

Need to get my disconnected Optus prepaid number back

Hi! I last recharged my Optus prepaid mobile mid-last year. It was on a Long Expiry plan, but I found out the service is disconnected. It was an Optus number when I originally bought the SIM pack.

I really need that number, would I be able to get the number back please?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need to get my disconnected Optus prepaid number back

You normally have 6 months after the last recharge expiry before the number is withdrawn. Assuming you actually recharged with the full year and not the half year recharge the number should still be available. I would have a word with support on the live chat link below ands see if it can be recovered.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
New Contributor josephyu
New Contributor

I actually recharged with 6 month expiry... and when I call the number it says it's disconnected... I actually had an online chat with an optus rep yesterday and she said the number would be active in 15 min to 4 hours and I can continure to use the same SIM card, but it still says disconnected when I call the number. 😞

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey josephyu - more than happy to take a look. If you're on one of the new prepaid plans, then you'll actually only have 28 days after the previous recharge expires.

Shoot me a PM here with your mobile number, full name and DOB. I'll also need you to pick up a new PrePaid SIM if this has been disconnected (it doe sound like it has 😞 ). 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor josephyu
New Contributor

Hi Gen_R, I have PM you with my details - thanks for taking the time to look into this for me!

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Thanks Joseph, I've just responded to your PM. 

New Contributor josephyu
New Contributor

Thanks so much Casey! I've got the number back! 🙂

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Thanks @josephyu for confirming this 🙂 I'll make sure Casey is made aware of her good work.

If you need anything else please let us know. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Chunxxii
New Contributor

Ive had my 14yr prepaid number disconnected , fled DV had mental health issues,  my kids know that number by heart.  Please can u help

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Chunxxii, I've replied to your PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors