Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Need network key and password

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me solve a problem. I have an Optus mobile modem that I have been using or a couple of years with a Lenovo laptop and Windows8.1 - I have now purchased an HP laptop with Windows10. I cannot connect because I need the network key and password written on the sticker on the underside of the modem. The problem is the sticker has faded with time, and I can't read it. Is there any  other way to access this informsation? I have been all over the net and got nowhere. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Need network key and password

Actually I just  noticed this is for mobile phones not mobile modems. So another question - where do I go for help with mobile modems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @kav - thanks for reaching out. Not great to hear you're having trouble with your network key/password. If this info isn't visible on the sticker on your modem, do you still have the 'keep me handy' card that came with the modem. It might still be in the original box the modem came with and it should have this info listed.

If not, can you please confirm the make/model of your modem? We should be able to tell you how to access your modem's config/settings to view or edit your network key.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My modem is ZTE MF920V MO2, SSID OPTUS_69AAF8 (purchase date May 2017). I hope this is the information you need. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for that @kav 

Can you please paste http://192.168.0.1 into your browser to access your modem's configuration settings? You'll need to connect the modem directly to your computer via USB.

Once you're plugged in and on that page, you'll be prompted to enter a password to access the modem settings, which by default is admin

Once you're in your modem's settings, please select 'WiFi Settings' - from there you should be able to change your WiFi password. 

If it's helpful, you can check out this User Guide which has all of this information along with pictures. Let us know if you have any trouble. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos