Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

National Geographic App Closure

Optus and National Geographic have mutually agreed to close the National Geographic Australian App to align with the launch of Disney+ in Australia on 14 November 2019. The app will be removed on the 15 October for new customers and cannot be downloaded from that date.

If you currently have the app, you can still receive updates via the app stores.

FAQs

Q: Is the app only being removed from Optus, or from Australia entirely?
The app is being removed from Australia entirely.

Q: Can I still access the app before November 14, 2019?
Yes, if you downloaded the app prior to October 15, you can access the app until November 14. From October 15 the app will be withdrawn from the app stores for new customers and cannot be downloaded by from that date. On November 14, the app will no longer provide access to content.

Q: Why can’t I check my eligibility for the Nat Geo App on optus.com.au from October 15?
In line with the withdrawn of the National Geographic app from the app stores on October 15, the Optus Eligibility Checker will also be withdrawn from October 15.

Q: Where else can I view National Geographic content/shows?
Certain National Geographic content and shows are available on the Knowledge Pack on Fetch (subscription required), on Foxtel (subscription required) and will be available via Disney+ from November 19 (subscription required. Find out more at disneyplus.com). For more information on where to access National Geographic content follow National Geographic @natgeoau on Facebook or Instagram or go to nationalgeographic.com.au

Q: I never use the app, what does this mean for me?
If you have never used or no longer use the app then there is no impact to you.

Q: I use the app all the time, what does this mean for me? The app is closing on November 14, 2019. You will no longer be able to access any content from that date.

Q: What will happen if I access the app after the 15th Nov?
You will see a closure message, but you will not be able to access any National Geographic content.

Q: Will the app disappear from my phone on 15 November?
No, you will need to delete the app from your phone.

Q: Am I entitled to any compensation?
The National Geographic App was an optional inclusion on your plan, there is no entitlement to compensation.

Q: Can you apply a credit to my account to compensate for this inconvenience?
The National Geographic App was an optional inclusion on your plan, there is no entitlement to compensation.

Q: When is Disney+ launching in Australia?
Disney+ is launching on 19 November 2019 in Australia (subscription required).

Q: Will Disney+ be free like the Nat Geo app was?
Disney+ will launch in Australia on November 19th, priced at $8.99AUD per month (or $89.99AUD per year) subscription required.

Q: How do I find out more about Disney+?
Find out more at disneyplus.com

Q: I want to get Disney+ now, how do I do that?
Disney+ is launching on 19 November 2019 in Australia (subscription required).

Q: Can I cancel my plan as you’re altering the details of my contract?
If you have concerns or issues about the removal of the app, we can refer you to our contact team on 1300 133 785.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors