Searching...

Mobile

Name change

changeyourname

has anybody else experinced the inability of Optus to chnage an account name? We have been to the sop twice (3hours) and spent around 4-5 hours on the phone and are still no closer. It seems nobody can give you the right information.

Re: Name change

markdennis

Hi,

You can actually submit online request, 

The online form can be used for all services except Mobile Broadband and Yes TV by Fetch on its own.

FILLING OUT THE FORM CURRENT ACCOUNT HOLDER:

1. Go to the online form and select ‘start new request

2. Select the service type you want to transfer

3. Fill out the required information and click ‘validate

Note: If we’re unable to validate your account, make sure you’ve entered all the details correctly. If still unable to validate please call us, visit in store or download and return the completed paper form

4. Complete remaining information, agree to the Terms & Conditions and click ‘submit

5. A reference number will be displayed which the new / prospective account holder will need to complete the second half of the form. This reference number will also be sent in an email

NEW / PROSPECTIVE ACCOUNT HOLDER:

1. To complete the second half of the online form select ‘complete a saved request’ and enter the reference number provided to the current account holder

2. Enter the reference number and click ‘continue

Note: If the reference number cannot be located it may have expired. Requests need to be completed within 21 days

3. Enter the required details, read and agree to the Terms & Conditions then click ‘submit form’ to complete

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

We'll get it sorted within 10 business days of receiving the completed form. To avoid delays, please ensure all details provided are correct.

PREVIOUS ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL:

• Receive a final bill(s) for any call charges / fees incurred until the date of change and any pro-rata adjustment for monthly charges paid in advance
  • Be unable to access previously owned services through My Account or Member Services

NEW / PROSPECTIVE ACCOUNT HOLDER WILL:

• Receive a first bill(s) with a new account number(s) for usage from the date of change and a pro-rata charge to bring their service fee(s) a month in advance
  • Be able to set up any eligible services with My Account or Member Services

I'M UNABLE TO SUBMIT MY REQUEST VIA THE ONLINE FORM

If we're unable to validate your account or the online form just isn't your thing, you can call usvisit in store or download and return a completed paper form. Check out 'Change of Ownership options' below for more information.

If you’re unable to use the online form, alternative ways to request a change of ownership include call us, visit in store or download and return a completed paper form.

CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE FORM?

Windows Users: Require Adobe Reader to view or print PDF documents. You can download this software for free at www.adobe.com/reader

Mac OS-X Users: Can save, view and print their bills via the built-in 'Preview' application or download the Macintosh version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/reader

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-change-your-account-name-or-service-ownership?req...

Highlighted

markdennis

Hi,

you might wanna see below optios

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-change-your-account-name-or-service-ownership?req...

you cna submit online requirements 

Sam_D

Hey there @changeyourname - disappointing to hear that you've had troubles changing your name in store Smiley Sad Were you given any information as to why it couldn't be done? The online form which @markdennis provided is a great tool for getting the ball rolling Smiley Happy 

Dangle

I’m having that exact issue now. Store staff had no idea and made me feel very un confident in Optus. I tried doing the forms online but my account number doesn’t seem to be in the system at all 🤦🏻‍♂️. 

Vicky

@Dangle - Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry that you've had some issues trying to get this sorted in our store. Happy to get this followed up for you - can you send us a PM with your full name DOB and number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Anon212

In the shop you have to bring the other person too and no one said that until I went to the shop twice. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
89 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos