Searching...

Mobile

NSW Photo ID Eligibility

bigfootaus

Hey all,

I'm attempting to come back to Optus after roughly 1.5 years with another provider (Jeenee, an Optus virtual provider!). I'm attempting to get that awesome $40/month 12GB SIM-Only plan online, but my only valid "Primary" ID is not valid for the online system. My NSW Photo ID. 

I don't drive, I don't have a passport. How do I get this awesome plan before it disappears on Sunday? Should I try to rapidly sign on with some cheap plan in a store and hope everything gets processed within this week, and then upgrade my plan online? Or are there any feasible online methods for me to obtain this plan? 

Alex Holder
Games & VR Guru
www.bigfootds.com

Re: NSW Photo ID Eligibility

Toomey

Hey @bigfootaus, you should still be able to submit your order without ID, someone from our credit checking team will be in touch if necessary, 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Re: NSW Photo ID Eligibility

bigfootaus

Thanks, but the online order form (on both business and personal) requires some type of Identification Form to be inputted - I can't even place the order without a Driver's Licence or Passport. 

I did attempt to place an order by using my old QLD Proof of Age card as a Driver's Licence, and while that let the order be placed (NSW Photo ID instantly doesn't work) it got flagged and rejected after a few days for being a Photo ID and not a Driver's Licence.

I'm gonna visit the Optus store in Broadway SYD today and see what they can do. Seems like the online system isn't built for people like me. 

Alex Holder
Games & VR Guru
www.bigfootds.com
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
127 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos